Sunday, May 18, 2008

New York

I haven't written in awhile, but that's because I've been too busy living to write about living. My life is going to be turned upside down in five days, and it's got me in an emotional maelstrom. Leaving my friends and family for the unknown is a daunting thing, but as the big day approaches, I find myself getting more and more excited about the life that awaits me. I'm anticipating being stretched and challenged in ways that I would never be here, excited to learn and grow and explore and meet lots of fascinating people and see lots of incredible things. The question marks in my future are double-sided; pee-my-pants scary on the one, roller-coaster exciting on the other. Time is carrying me along, whether I feel ready or not.

"The trouble with New York is it's so convenient to everything that I can't afford."~ Jack Barry

"Let us all be happy, and live within our means, even if we have to borrow the money to do it with." ~ Artemus Ward

No comments: