Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Reprieve, Finally

The last few days have been just wonderful. On Friday night, after our week of intensity, we got all dressed up and went out on the town; it was so good to just be with friends and have a good time. Craig, Claire and I split off early (early here is 1am) and walked around and got some pizza before going home. I think it was the stress of the week and the lack of sleep, but I got a major case of the giggles. We were waiting for our train, it was 2:30am, and Craig was singing Christmas songs, and said something that I thought was soooo funny that I couldn't stop laughing. Honestly, the whole train ride home, I was laughing so hard that my stomach and cheeks hurt! I'd calm down, and then think of what he said, and lose it again. There were some guys sitting across from us, and they said something to Craig about me, don't know what, but I'm pretty sure they thought I was on something. I most definitely was not. That's just the way I get when I'm so overtired; everything is the height of hilarity! Anyway, it was a fun night, and I got some great sleep that night. Saturday, I just knobbed around the city, ran some errands, sat and people watched. Sunday, went to church, and met Dad at Coney Island. Yesterday was amazing; we went to Central Park and laid out all afternoon, watching the clouds drift by and seeing what pictures they made, talking about everything and anything, drifting into filthy medic chat every now and then, but Gig was militant about not letting us say anything about school, bless her heart! I miss you already, G!! Then the boys came and we walked around and went to this completely delicious Mexican restaurant for dinner--probably the best Mexican food I've had in this city to date! Today, I got up, went for an incredible run through Central Park, which is one of my most favorite things to do here, and ran errands the rest of the morning. The day is beautiful; sky so blue with those big fluffy clouds that make me wish I could go and jump on them! I so wish I could do that.
So, the subway ride back from Central Park was pretty fun today. I had a car all to myself; it was lunch time, so I would have thought it would be full, but it wasn't. So, after I got over the weirdness of it, I was like, "Hey, one of my fave songs is on my IPod right now (I Have a Dream from Mamma Mia) so I just belted it out. Sang so loud that it filled the car. And it was so much fun! I almost danced up and down and swung around the poles! I sang my heart out, and I love that song so much, that I was so glad that God let me have that car all to myself for a few stops, which turned out to be the duration of the song. You know, now that I think of it, I wonder if there are cameras in every car? So maybe the train driver was wondering what this sweaty blond girl was doing singing like she was in a Broadway musical. Then again, maybe not. This is New York and strange is status quo here.
I am so happy I can hardly stand it. I love this city, I love my friends, I love having free time, I love the day, I just love it all. And now I'm leaving to go out to a movie with a dear friend. Honestly, what a blessed day!

No comments: