Friday, November 14, 2008

Bizarreness

I woke up early this morning, thinking it was going to be a good day. I spent some time in prayer, praying that the Lord would conform my will to His and that He would protect me from all of the onslaughts of the devil. Basically I just prayed for more of Him and more of His presence, and His forgiveness for my sins. It was sooo good. But, because it was so early, and I didn't need to be up for another hour to get to my 8am class, I decided to sleep a little longer.
Suddenly, my eyes flew open and I looked at the clock. "Oh crap!" I shouted, and bolted out of bed. It was ten to 8, and my teacher is a stickler for being on time. I threw on some clothes, grabbed a piece of gum (cause I didn't have time to brush my teeth; ewwww, I know) and tore out of the door. I ran into my friend who had been waiting for me to come get her, and then gave up on me. So, we pretty much sprinted to class. Hot and sweaty, we waited for the world's slowest elevators to take us to the 17th floor, where class is. Wouldn't you know it, it stopped at nearly every floor. With each delay, I was getting more and more anxious. It was a long week, and I was so tired from everything going on, and now I was going to be late to a class that I should not be late to! Plus, I hadn't had my coffee, so I was barely coherent, still had pillow creases on my face from sleeping, and hadn't eaten so I was lightheaded.
The elevator doors opened, and we ran out, dashed around the corner and down the hall to class. The clock on the wall said 2 minutes to 8, but our teacher had already started...
It was then break time, but only a short one. But I needed caffeination and food-ation if I was going to make it through. So my friend and I went down to the coffee cart outside and got egg sandwiches and coffee. But the coffee I ordered went to someone else, and I ended up with her large coffee. And it took forever to make my sandwich. I was going to be late again. My friend kindly waited for me, even though I didn't want to make him late. So, we get back upstairs, late, and sit down and start to eat our sandwiches. At one point, I dropped some egg on the floor and leaned over to pick it up. My leg jostled my desk, and tipped over my large cup of coffee onto my notes, across my desk, and onto my leg where it proceeded to soak my sweats. My friend Kevin sprang into action and got me some paper towels, and Craig sopped up what he could and threw the mess away, all while my teacher is lecturing. This is in a small classroom, with maybe 40 students, so we weren't being unobtrusive. It was a mess.
So, I'm sure my teacher thinks that I am someone who doesn't respect timeliness, and then makes messes and disruptions in class. And it is only the second day of this rotation. Oy vey! Okay, off to take a quiz now. Hopefully I won't impale myself with my pencil, but with the way things have started, it doesn't seem too far outside of the realm of possibility.

No comments: